Thursday, January 3, 2008

Some Golf Wisdom for 2008

Columbus went around the world in 1492. That isn't a lot of strokes when you consider the course. - Lee Trevino

I've spent most of my life golfing...the rest I'ved just wasted. - Anonymous

They call it golf because all of the other four-letter words were taken. - Raymond Floyd

The golf swing is like a suitcase into which we are trying to pack one too many things. - John Updike

Actually the only time I ever used a one-iron was to kill a tarantula. And then it took seven to do that. - Jim Murray

I'd play every day if I could. It's cheaper than a shrink. - Brent Musburger

I'm hitting the woods just great, but having a terrible time getting out of them. - Harry Toscano

You must work very hard to become a natural golfer. - Gary Player

I just hope I don't have to explain all the times I've used His name in vain when I get up there. - Bob Hope

It's fun to go to the course and lie in the sun. - Bob Hope

I can airmail the golf ball, but sometimes I don't put the right address on it. - Jim Dent

It is more satisfying to be a bad player at golf. The worse you play, the better you remember the good shots. - Anonymous

Some of us worship in churches, some on golf courses. - Adlai Stevenson

Nobody ever remembers who finished second. - Jack Nicklaus

Win graciously. - Arnold Palmer

No comments: